Dec 232016
 
 December 23, 2016  Featured News, Laws, Non-U.S., Surveillance

Cynthia Kroet reports:

The Belgian federal prosecutor told newspaper De Tijd in an interview published Friday that cell phone data linked to the Paris attacks investigation can no longer be accessed because Belgian law mandates it be deleted after 12 months for privacy reasons.

Frédéric Van Leeuw said there is still new information to be uncovered on the cell phones used to plan last year’s Paris attacks, and called upon the government to resolve the situation.

Read more on Politico.eu.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.