Jan 212015
 
 January 21, 2015  Business, Court, Featured News, Non-U.S., Online

Press Gazette reports that Google has lost a round in court as it was unable to get the High Court to dismiss Max Mosley’s lawsuit:

The High Court has refused to block legal action brought by former Formula One boss Max Mosley (pictured, Reuters) over the continuing availability on Google of images of him at a sex party.

Mr Justice Mitting, sitting in London, said last week that the claim brought against US-based Google Inc under the Data Protection Act was “not such that it has no real prospect of success” and should continue.

He said: “On the contrary, it seems to me to be a viable claim which raises questions of general public interest which ought to proceed to trial.”

Read more on Press Gazette.

h/t, @LilianEdwards