As seen today on the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, where you can find additional information about the event:
Interested in current and future trends in privacy? What about developments around the world? Come and hear from representatives from Google and Facebook as well as international data protection and privacy commissioners and privacy researchers at our International Privacy Forum in Wellington on 4 December 2018.
Topics to be discussed include the GDPR six months after implementation; privacy developments in the Asia-Pacific region including China’s social credit system; and future privacy trends around the world, including the use and storage of genetic material, and lessons learned from the Cambridge Analytica data breach.
Speakers confirmed so far:
• Elizabeth Denham – UK Information Commissioner
• Peter Fleischer – Global Privacy Counsel, Google
• Arianne Jimenez – Privacy & Public Policy Manager, Asia Pacific, Facebook
• Gehan Gunasekara – Associate Professor, Commercial Law, University of Auckland
• Andelka Phillips – University of Waikato; University of Oxford Centre for Health, Law and Emerging Technologies.
The International Privacy Forum is a half-day event to be held at the Intercontinental Hotel, 2 Grey Street, Wellington from 1.30-5.00 pm on Tuesday, 4 December 2018. Registrations will commence from 1.00 pm.
Register here. Seats are limited so please get in early.
Please note this is a draft programme and subject to changes. You can download a PDF copy here.