B.C. Information and Privacy Commissioner Elizabeth Denham and Alberta Information and Privacy Commissioner Frank Work are co-hosting a conference on private sector privacy issues and trends October 13 and 14, 2011 at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel in Vancouver, B.C.
This year’s conference – Privacy: It’s Your Business – is on practical, real-world problems and solutions. Commissioner Stoddart, Privacy Commissioner of Canada, will deliver Thursday morning’s keynote address. Also on Thursday morning Elizabeth Denham, B.C. Information and Privacy Commissioner, will discuss what it means to be accountable.
The conference will also feature three more plenary sessions that include:
- Emerging Privacy Issues featuring Marc Rotenberg, Executive Director, Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Bear Pit with the Commissioners featuring Jennifer Stoddart, Privacy Commissioner of Canada; Elizabeth Denham, Information and Privacy Commissioner, British Columbia; Frank Work, Information and Privacy Commissioner for Alberta
- The Future of Privacy: Tackling the Two Headed Hydra! Featuring Michelle Dennedy, Chief Privacy Officer, MacAfee Inc.
Some of the highlights include:
- Privacy Implications of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- Employee Privacy: Just When You Thought You Had it Figured Out
- A Practical Perspectives on Outsourcing and Outsourcers
- A Tale of Two Riots: Vancouver and London
- Maintaining Privacy Controls in Cloud Computing
- Social Media in the Workplace
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Law
- And much more!
For further information; http://www.privacyconference2011.ca/registration/index.php . Requests for press passes should be made directly to Verney Conference Management at [email protected]