Monika Kuschewsky and Vera Coughlan of Covington & Burling write:
Today, the European Commission published the text of the new EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (see the Commission’s press release here), which consists of:
- a draft adequacy decision;
- the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Principles issued by the U.S. Department of Commerce; and
- the official representations and commitments contained in separate letters from:
- Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker (Annex I);
- Secretary of State John Kerry (Annex III);
- Federal Trade Commission Chairwoman Edith Ramirez (Annex IV),
- Secretary of Transportation, Anthony Foxx (Annex V);
- General Counsel Robert Litt, Office of the Director of National Intelligence (Annex VI); and
- Deputy Assistant Attorney General Bruce Swartz, U.S. Department of Justice (Annex VII).
Read more on Covington & Burling Inside Privacy.