Oct 032009
 
 October 3, 2009  Court, U.S., Youth & Schools

Scott Martindale reports:

Former Tesoro High School student Omar Khan is likely to face a jury trial in an elaborate school burglary and computer hacking case, unless he accepts the plea deal that was offered to him last year, the leading prosecutor on the case said today.

Orange County Deputy District Attorney Charles Lawhorn said prosecutors have no plans to negotiate further with Khan, who faces up to 38 years in prison if convicted on 69 felony counts. Arrested in June 2008, Khan, 19, of Coto de Caza has pleaded not guilty to all counts.

[…]

Khan is accused of breaking into Tesoro High School in Las Flores at least six times beginning in January 2008 to hack into the Capistrano Unified School District’s student database, where he purportedly changed his grades and the grades of at least 12 other students.

Khan also is accused of altering his Advanced Placement exam scores, stealing an English test and pilfering master copies of tests, some of which were e-mailed to dozens of Advanced Placement students.

Charged with altering public records, computer access and fraud, burglary, identity theft and conspiracy, Khan is free on $50,000 bail.

Read more in Orange County Register.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.