February 14, 2019 Non-U.S.
Odia Kagan of Fox Rothschild writes:
The Romanian Presidency of the Council of the EU has proposed a compromise on issues that are in the way of the EU e-Privacy Regulation.
- A user’s consent to cookies should NOT be required for technical storage or access necessary and proportionate for the legitimate use of a service requested by the user. This may include:
- session cookies for tracking input when filling online form
- authentication session cookies
- cookies remembering items selected in shopping basket
- cookies necessary for the provision of information society services requested by the user (eg those used by connected thermostats)
Read more on Privacy Compliance & Data Security.