Feb 052010
 
 February 5, 2010  Govt

Carol Morello reports:

The head of the Census Bureau said Friday that he has ordered a review of the government’s efforts to protect the identity of individuals who fill out their census forms after researchers discovered months ago that years of publicly available data on the elderly has numerous errors due to the goverment’s use of “masking” techniques.

Robert Groves, director of the bureau, said the programming mistake responsible for the bad data had been corrected going forward, and it would not affect the 2010 Census. Groves said he was considering a rerelease of the affected statistics, dating from 2000 to 2005.

Read more in The Washington Post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.